PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern wannabes
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2016, 06:44
mach85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you dont mean to comment on someone's particular post but just the thread in general then maybe it would make more sense just to click general reply rather than reply to post. This way the person(I in this instance) wouldn't think you were commenting on my particular post and instead just giving info in general.

Anyway i dont want to have a disagreement, that's not the aim here. The aim as Savage said is for accurate reliable info for potential joiners. Your initial post wasn't accurate hence why I commented thats all.

If you think im 'in love with' CSA then perhaps you should look back at my previous posts. You will see me regularly giving my opinion on the less 'enjoyable' parts of this job....and there are many but always fact!! I guess i am just more of a realist and like Savage said understand that the perfect job doesn't exist so what works for 1 wont work for another.....

By the way you are correct about the hotel standard. In general it is really dreadful. There are some 'ok' hotels but in general you wouldn't let your wife even put one foot into the reception of most places. From what I understand though i think that is very common in Chinese airlines.

The 48 hour required rest at base is if you fly through more than 6 time zones so not only US. Plenty of people do actually go home during this period but you will have to buy yourself a staff ticket in order to do so as the company(in general) wont let you travel as crew(so for free) until your 10 days off start. It has been managed by some guys in the past so like everything in China it all depends on the day and who you talk to

Anyway all the best with whatever you choose. Doesn't sound like we'll see you at CSA as it's so 'bad' so i hope your other option gives you what you are looking for.

Cheers,