PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have to re-do ATPL theory exams...please help
Old 16th Dec 2016, 02:38
PFDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Team Bravo
That is exactly correct selfin.

What I was told by the UK CAA when I was looking to do my ATPL skills test, is that my theory has expired because I have not entered an IR in the EASA license for more than 7 years. They also quoted the derogation for the IR and made it clear that it ONLY applies to anyone applying for an IR who has not entered one in their EASA license for 7 years.

So regardless of the fact that I have been flying all over Europe on Airbus and Boeing aircraft during those 7 years, they do not consider my IR experience valid towards the issue of an ATPL license because it was not entered in the EASA license (flights on the ICAO licenses are not counted). If I would have done an EASA IR at any point in those 7 years then the ATPL theory credit would have been extended or reset to an additional 7 year period from that point forward.
This is absolutely ridiculous!

A guy that has thousands and thousands of hours flying jets in europe has to get back to classroom to "learn" basics again, especially when tons of the sutff you're going to study is totally outdated! Honestly, I feel for you man...

I hold FAA and EASA and the amount of burocracy you have to go through when converting/validating stuff from one to the other is ludicrous!

I can recommend AviationExam, you'll be in good hands

Good luck!