PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For the thinker in GA! In defence of the employer
Old 13th Aug 2003, 20:53
Transition Layer

Received 88 Likes on 34 Posts
P_H_F

I would think that the award is structured to suitably reflect a reasonable remuneration to a suitably qualified person to carry out his or her duties.
I agree, within a couple of $ks yes. However, paying below the award isn't "reasonable remuneration"! That is my point, your point and is in line with what others are saying on this forum. Others please take note!

Dam, we should just be thankful we weren’t born in poverty stricken Ethiopia
I'm sorry, but like Screw Jac, you are completely missing the point. I could earn $1000 per annum in Ethiopia and be one of the wealthiest people in the country. But last time I checked, I wasn't born there, I don't work there, I work in Australia and my salary should directly reflect the cost and standards of living of this country, not Ethiopia!

G'day Ops!!! Hope all is well mate. Just one question though - I thoroughly agree with your apprenticeship analogy, but is the responsibility of a young mechanic or carpenter quite the same as a SE VFR pilot, with perhaps 7 paying pax sitting behind him? You have done all three, so you are in a much better position to comment...

Cheers,
TL off to