PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2016, 21:31
tech log

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did try not to be sycophantic and overly positive.

Wannabees need to understand that there are times on that course that you will hate the place.

It is sad, and scary, that your £100,000 loan hangs on the balance of 4 hours of flight time, in the CPL and IR tests. Fail once and you're still in with a shot. Fail twice - no chance.

More than one bad day at AQC - no easyJet. Can still get others.

As I mentioned earlier there are other airlines (I know, I went to one) but they drop in and out unlike easyJet. You could be waiting a while.

Nothing is guaranteed EVER. You need to have 100% commitment, and belief in yourself, and sorry but you need to have the bottle too.

The keys to success, in my experience

Don't show up to Dibden at 18 with no life experience. CTC is enough of a face slap introduction to the real world as it is, you don't need to be going into that 90 degree steep learning curve with no experience behind you.

Have a few years of employment. Have some money saved away.

Learn all about non-technical skills and start working on them now.

Get a PPL.

MPL is a blunter knife edge to walk on, safer. Be careful though as although QR is apparently good economically, there were some rumours on the old Clearways Urgent News Telecommunication System grapevine that if you want to leave QR for Europe you'd have to get an EASA CPL/IR and do ground school again. I don't know that might be nonsense but IF its true it's something you want to know going in to the course.

Seriously, good luck.

Last edited by tech log; 16th Dec 2016 at 10:07.