PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet goes down on its way to Medellin, Colombia
Old 15th Dec 2016, 18:34
jess15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since the disaster turned into a scandal, around 30.11., there appears to have been multiple forces at work. There's a blame game played out in the media, political in-fighting, a right-wing opposition who want to- rightly or wrongly-implicate the govt. at the highest levels, axes to grind, govt ministers calling out pilots as "murderers". Then there's lies (mixed with a few truths I assume), alongside a desire to minimise the scope of the investigation but be seen to be doing something, to avoid an FAA downgrade. Then throw into that mix the interests of Brazil & Colombia .

The lack of due process & the course of the official investigation may be piss-poor by our standards but I'm actually pretty impressed with the tenacity & quality of most of these Latin American papers when I compare it to UK equivalents and when I consider what they are up against.

So as the story has evolved you also have the Defence minister publicly asking - WHO paid for the insurance and who gave them the start-up capital?
LaMia's lawyer states that they have insurance cover for USD25million, journalists saying the individual offer is paltry.
Quiroga's wife & father claims the crew were not paid for months and that there were no secret financers.
They've reported Milton Claros ( minister public works) saying that LaMia company records showed LaMia had USD 16K on paper but according to Quiroga's family they were about to lease a fleet of 757s in 2017- clearly incompatible.

Which of those ^ are BS? Eeny, meeny, miny, moe