PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class E airspace & gliders.
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2016, 12:59
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATCW. I once asked permission from my council to cut down a 10m tree in my garden. It was diseased. The tree was dropping dust and sap all over our garden & the neighbours. You couldn't sit near it or leave the windows open. The council 'permission man' was a 'tree hugger' and refused. We then had as huge storm and a smaller tree in a neighbour's garden was blown over and allowed to be removed. We gained signatures from neighbours to say they had seen our tree sway, and we said the roots were being uplifted. The tree hugger still refused. Well, the tree is by the fence over looking the pavement & road; so we said that if in the next storm there is any damage to personnel or property, he the tree hugger would be held responsible. Our cutting permission arrived the next day.

Well, the airmiss and close-prox reports are like our neighbours letters suggesting a danger. The opinions of commercial pilots and gliders pilots are like prophecies. They are being ignored. If the relevant person who is refusing an open debate on the issue, or to address it professionally, is held accountable for the inevitable loss of life it might spark some reassessment. That official could reside in EASA; there will also be someone in the german hierarchy. Why can ECA not lobby the EU transport/aviation commissioner who oversees EASA? Isn't that one of the roles of ECA, to promote the improving safety environment of the industry and its members? Or is that too simplistic?

If the pilots are not doing something about lobbying EASA I wonder why the AEA is not. They have duty of care to their pax, employees, shareholders and assets.

Last edited by RAT 5; 15th Dec 2016 at 14:05.