PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B777 Cross Wind Landings
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2016, 08:51
777pilotchina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I seriously need some input here,
I used to fly the 738 for 5-6 years and now I'm doing my transition to the T7,
I would say i could do a 35kts Xwind landing on a 738 with my eyes closed and hands tied up!!!

In the T7, I'm now going koo koo!! WTF..... is like, I used to land the main wheels with the crab on the 73 and then apply ruder and aileron to fix the B***....or I would fly it down to the ground and level off with the horizon right before touch down and applying a bit more thrust during flair not to have the nose up attitude in order not get blown away... Always made perfect!!

Lower pitch...Higher power setting just did it.....

Now, in the T7, I can't have flare at lower pitch (3 - 4) and add more thrust to compensate for it cause we are not allowed to over-ride the A/T,
on the other hand, in the sim, I'm blown to one side of the centre line on each and every landing when i use the suggested 4-5 degrees pitch during the final phase of the flare!!

not to mention it seems like I need full freaking rudder to align my self with the centre line.. (35 kts Xwind, not gust)....

I really appreciate any input from the B777 experienced boys here!!! oh yeah, I've fully read the FCTM and all other manuals with regards to the suggested techniques..