PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maurice Kirk is in Africa
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2016, 10:33
FERRYAIR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by terry holloway
Maurice has just posted this on Facebook, and appears to be airborne in a twin from the photos!
Maurice is on the move (with a limp still) for the cub! .....Fly her out or dismantle?,,,,Decision when there at Narius.....URGENTLY need help to get UK cub spares from Nairobi airport handing to Lokichoggio, on northern border, if any one in Kenya is reading this?....Kevin, US, we are in business, again.,,,,thanks, aLL, for everything.....V
Terry,

I think that is a Cessna 208 Caravan that Maurice is getting flown in ;-)

Good to see him on the move again.

Originally Posted by Homsap
I wonder if Maurice has reported his air accident in G-KURK to the AAIB? Also I can't find a AAIB report for G-KIRK which crashed into to sea although G-KIRK has had registration cancelled.
Homsap,
Maurice was under no obligation to notify the AAIB of his Dunking of G-KIRK as it didn't occur in the UK, a UK Overseas Territory or a Crown Dependency.

Maurice is under no obligation to notify the AAIB of his Incorrect Landing incident in G-KURK as it didn't occur in the UK, a UK Overseas Territory or a Crown Dependency.

See AAIB Guidelines below:

Who must report an aircraft accident or serious incident

The following people must notify the AAIB without delay if they have knowledge of an aircraft accident or serious incident which occurred in the UK, a UK Overseas Territory or a Crown Dependency:
  • the crew of the aircraft
  • the owner of the aircraft
  • the operator of the aircraft
  • people involved in the maintenance, design or manufacture of the aircraft
  • people involved in the training of the aircraft’s crew
  • people involved in providing air traffic control, flight information services or aerodrome services to the aircraft
  • staff of the Civil Aviation Authority
  • staff of the European Aviation Safety Agency
In the case of an accident, the commander of the aircraft or the aircraft operator, if the commander has been killed or incapacitated, must also inform the police.

Jetblu,
I am not sure I agree with qv, " 'If' MK does miraculously manage to get this girl flying out of there, we should all applaud him."

If Maurice manages to fly G-KURK out of there, I think it will just confirm that he is playing Russian Roulette with his life yet again.

I have a lot of time for Maurice ( Probably too much time ) I applaud everyone who is 'purported' to be helping him, now I think we are all looking at a Double edged Sword here..... If the Prop & LH Undercarriage section do arrive I fear Maurice will just fit them & if the Cub looks flyable ( in his opinion), he will try to fly it away.

The Scenario of all this is : Both Wings have cantilevered forwards and I doubt the structural integrity is still in those wings.

I am inclined to agree that if anyone can Fly it away, that person is Maurice....that said " I wish he would wise up & cut his losses "

His head is currently in the wrong place, this is a major recovery process & not one that will be rectified by bolting on a Prop & Undercarriage leg.

My Engineering skills are limited to minimal chores, but my Highly regarded Aircraft Engineers have looked at the Damage photo & have said that Cub is FUBAR
( fudged up beyond all recognition ).

Lets hope something positive comes from all this !! I am glad Maurice is on the move again.