PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maurice Kirk is in Africa
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2016, 09:48
Jetblu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Step Turn

Hundreds of posts in PPRuNe will demonstrate that pilots flying unairworthy aircraft is thought of poorly by the group as a whole - this should not be viewed differently. Just because Mr. Kirk is perhaps something of a non conformist fellow should not confer upon him an exemption for doing things properly.

I have known pilots who have flown out aircraft damaged much less than that one, and the authority took a serious interest in the flight(s). Questions were asked, violations made against the pilot. Mr. Kirk knows how to conduct himself properly, there's a lot of publicity on this now, authorities are watching.....

Step, I'm unsure if you have flown in Africa or have any African experience but in the real world, it goes like this...

Airstrips can be hundreds of miles away from habitat or engineering services. An aircraft lands and it may get bent. Depending upon how bad the damage is, and if within the pilots capabilities, it will get a repair enough to get her airborne and out. I have seen damaged props from a ground strike being bent back into shape and I have also seen daylight through a Cessna 303 starboard wing where the undercarriage punched up through the skin. It flew out.

'If' MK does miraculously manage to get this girl flying out of there, we should all applaud him. Can you imagine the headlines "Solo/alone British pensioner providing inspirational speeches via social media on the UK's corrupt legal system from war-torn areas reaches for the sky once again"

Now this really is an 'outreach' programme, isn't it.

Originally Posted by terry holloway
Maurice has just posted this on Facebook, and appears to be airborne in a twin from the photos!
Maurice is on the move (with a limp still) for the cub! .....Fly her out or dismantle?,,,,Decision when there at Narius.....URGENTLY need help to get UK cub spares from Nairobi airport handing to Lokichoggio, on northern border, if any one in Kenya is reading this?....Kevin, US, we are in business, again.,,,,thanks, aLL, for everything.....V

Yes, I saw that Terry.

I wonder if Mixed Up is still about. [my bold]