PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudia
Thread: Saudia
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2016, 01:49
VAMY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The last time I looked, which was admittedly about 10 days ago and I didn't look at the area when on finals either, KAIA certainly looked to me like there was hardly any work or very little progress being made with the airport. As compared, to say just over a year or a year or eighteen months ago, when there were vehicles & construction workers every where.

As for Bin Laden doing the work. Well it must be their "relief crew" because most of their workers were repatriated over the last year by their individual governments due to Bin Laden not paying them and because they had no money to live on. This was well reported in many international news papers.

Furthermore, most of the Spanish expatriates involved in the building of the railway connection to Mecca also left many months ago. There are many more examples as evidence of the country's financial problems if you wish to open your eyes.

As I said earlier, I've not been to the airport in the last ten days or, so maybe it's possible the country's financial problems have all been solved in that short period of time and work has started again at full tilt on the airport but I doubt it.

Last edited by VAMY; 14th Dec 2016 at 02:33.