PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Minimum age for acceptance as aussie cabin crew
Old 14th Dec 2016, 00:15
Slipspace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by High Alpha
Hey Slipspace,

Thanks a lot for the reply, and thanks for the suggestion about Cobham, I'm definitely going to apply. It honestly never would have occurred to me to look at Altara - my thinking took me as far as QF mainline and VA.

In regards to the gap year, it did occur to me. I'm not sure it's for me though - while being on the 330s out of Amberley would be absolutely incredible (speaking from very limited personal experience), I'm not sure I have the mental discipline to make it through basic training unless I knew I'd be fulfilling the childhood dream - being on the flight deck. Still it's definitely worth considering again.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it
Generally speaking, the only way into QF domestic out of BNE is to go to the crew room and hand out poisoned cookies to all the vets who signed their contracts when dinosaurs still roamed the earth. Most people spend years with QF trying to get into that base, it's very very difficult. QantasLink - Sunstate, and Altara (Cobham) are the only ways in.

I can't speak for VA in BNE as I know nothing about their recruitment, nor for Alliance or Jetgo.

The only other players at BNE are Jetstar and Tiger, and they have both ceased recruitment for the base. Generally, they are both excellent ways into the industry and they would be my recommendation if you want become crew, JQ especially.

I'm BNE based myself, so feel free to shoot me with a PM if you're after any more specifics.