PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sea Jet
Thread: Sea Jet
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2003, 16:44
BlueWolf
Lupus Domesticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WEBF

Get thee down to thy local branch of thy most right-wing political party with a reasonable chance of gaining representation, and become involved in it.

I am now many years removed from the politics of the UK so I cannot advise who this may be; are the Conservatives still a realistic prospect for future Governence of Britain?

The woes of the Defence Forces are political in nature, and so will be their salvation.

I commented once, a while ago now, and in connection with your untimely demise from Her Majesty's service, that those who are talented, genuine, and committed (or words to that effect) will always be able to make a contribution, even if the nature of this contribution differs from that which they had assumed would be the case.

If you can put the same energy into finding the political solution to the state of Britain's defences as you have put into the debate concerning the fate of the SHAR, you will probably achieve a result of tangible good, and in all probability, be remembered for it.

You have made this issue your own, my good fellow, and in metaphysical terms, you are now, at least partly, responsible for it. Your approach from here on in will be your making, or your downfall.

Go boldy forth, WEBF. You have great support, much of it unspoken; you are committed, informed, and most important of all, you are right. Take the wise counsel which has been offered here by many posters these past couple of years, and turn it into reality.

Preaching to the converted may have given you a blooding, but it is pointless, and ultimately, a waste of your talents and potential.

Have faith; and go do the real thing.

You know you want to - and we know you can.