PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MYT Flight Revolt
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2003, 16:37
Groundbased

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio 2 did eventually get two passengers from this flight on the phone to talk about it. It was illuminating to say the least.

The passenger who flew said the fact that the pilot addressed them and kept them informed gave them absolute confidence that he would be operating safely or not atall. She was complimentary and understanding about the whole incident.

The passenger who did not fly also commended the professionalism of the pilot and the company but simply decided that he and his family would prefer not to fly and would make their own arrangements. He also said that despite the fact that this was their decision not to fly MYT arranged transport and accommodation, which of course the pax had to pay for, but said that the company were most helpful and didn't mention compensation once.

Both passengers said they felt the event had been exaggerated in the news.

They also had Eric Moody on who gave some background insight.

I have no idea what the problem was or the rights and wrongs of the situation so I have no comment. All I can say is that people who were involved from both sides said the captain did a professional job. Good enough for me.

Cheers,

GB