PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For the thinker in GA! In defence of the employer
Old 13th Aug 2003, 15:05
Screw Jac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Got my gear up", just a little question...Do you really believe that providing professional service is associated with $? Before you answer yes, note that plenty of my friends were earning ****** all during the administration of the AN group of companies. Did it change their attitude....you bet it didn't those guys are professional. Any commercial pilot with an appreciation of commercial and economic relaity understands the objective of commercial aviation is to come back and do it tomorrow. In other words my friends there has to be enough motivation( profit/return) for an owner to continue taking chances....... As NG said it was attitude that determined (altitude) professionalism not the pay rate. Attitude is an individual characteristic. Either you got it in which case you achieve your own individual form of greatness. OR YOU SIT IN HERE AND BITCH......

"LF" give me a call wise a*s and we'll sort it out face to face you loser Tell me you freaking genius how many people you employ again?

Growler old mate....

It's not an analogy for vegetables. Have you ever been to Africa or most of Asia and seen the abject poverty? Where there is no escape each day just survival..Tell me when you have seen the poor in Calcutta that pooor old pilots in Australia do it tough in comparison. I'm certainly not denigrating the efforts pilots put into their career etc.
We got it easy in Australia, all people have to do is get their head out of the self pity trap and look around.

Anyways I guess i'll get carpeted again by all those who think an overseas holiday goes as far as the Gold Coast!

But life isn't fair(edited for length)