PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legislation requiring tall fences at RPT aerodromes
Old 12th Dec 2016, 20:54
YPJT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You're right about nothing in legislation. It all comes down to individual airport risk assessments. Many security Controlled airports in remote regions have fencing as you described. Do they need anything more? Perhaps but thankfully the govt has not gone down the path of prescriptive boundaries for fencing. What gets approved for Broken Hill though would not necessarily get approved for a capital city airport.

Originally Posted by haydnc
Where in Australian legislation is the requirement that aerodromes serviced by an RPT airline have installed tall fencing to prevent unauthorised access?

The Aviation Transport Security Regulations 2005 mentions that security be controlled and monitored, but nothing about tall fences.

I noticed last time I was at Broken Hill the tall fences were only either side of the main terminal, the remainder were at a height I could step over.

I remember the introduction of ASIC's, tall fencing and throttle locks after September 11.

Thanks,

Haydn