PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC - Today's Telegraph
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2003, 12:36
Eagle 270

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr C Hinecap,
you aint wrong there! How very, very of you picking up on two very pertinent points! You got anymore? I have a couple of crab stories if you wish. Doesnt make the game though, so I wont.

Some dinosaur mentioned Vulcan. How very last century. History is a great thing, if it’s relevant to the future. That was the RAFs time. They had it all. V Force, AD, and all the trappings above FAA and AAC. Now though, it aint, simple. Army supporting the RAF? V Force went out with ... er V Force. About 1969. We had Saladin’s and Centurions then lofty! Move on if you can. You been living in a deep dark hole? Banter, I love it! Quality dependant, of course.

CR. Quite relevant. MLRS, 155 of any nature, 120 of any nature, AD, take your pick, TOW and now Hellfire and 2.75mm. And anything below that concerning ordinance. Or shall we tell the 5 regts who have nothing better to do to wrap it in cling film just incase we need it? As the Army wouldnt want to pee the enemy off, would we? Crabs need to keep in check Tonka and GR7 and .......ohh Shaguars........and.........T, T, Thats all folks....
Typical of these types trying to dig a niche to justify their existence. Basically, who cares? Job is a job. Whatever or who ever it takes. I think insecurity unless they are the show stoppers is the order of the day! What or who are you supporting? SH....Army, GA...Army.......FAC....Army........Air superiorority.......Army to enable...........Tac resupply...Army.....SF..........Army, any questions? Quick question, What is the RAF's role in todays deployments?

BTW, I'm not a pongo! Just a boring purple type who believes we are now a multi asset. Harrier, Apache, Challenger, don’t give a toss. If you can give me the kit and have the reality to admit where your limits are, I'll buy that for a pound! Chess board, flexibility. Boat, plane, tank. Dont care as long as you give me the goods as advertised! Jobs a good un.

Last edited by Eagle 270; 15th Aug 2003 at 04:08.