PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith donates the proceeds of his Cessna CJ3 Citation to charity.
Old 11th Dec 2016, 21:08
PPRuNeUser0201

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
G'day Dick,
Wow, congratulations on your philanthropy! it's a shame others in your position cant see what a huge difference they too can make. I know you cop a lot from those in the industry at times, but I hope these people can now see that your genuine motivation is for a better Australia and aviation industry.

I'd like to nominate Adaminaby ALA, operated by Snowy River Aviators as a donation recipient, if I may. It's a small club at the base of the Snowy Mountains in NSW. This airfield came about due to the lack of interest from the owners at Cooma-Snowy Mountains to have GA/RAA traffic. It has grown in membership and is a wonderful location for those interested in fishing, horse racing (in November) and of course is a a great place to go flying - especially on a still winters morning. Unfortunately, like most flying clubs, it is limited by funding and unable to build a new clubhouse or facilities so any donation would be gratefully received.

Once again, well done and thanks.