PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot shortage
Thread: Pilot shortage
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2016, 19:29
Tuck Mach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No E&H you are not alone.
A political class of party hacks, the parliament infested with lawyers, self important smug and corrupted.
A smug boom generation comfortable in rising house prices, funded by dirty Chinese fiat, taking health care cards and pensions as 'entitlements' (whilst sitting on huge unrealised capital gain) their children saddled with debt can't find a job. I remember sloppy Joe Hockey telling Australians to get a better job. This is repeated in the west too: Economies hollowed out by globalisation enriching a few at the expense of the many. What happened to society?

I am glad I am not part of it.

It will be funny to watch those political (and I use the term deliberately) 'elite' deal with a rising China, owning chunks of our country versus our obligations under ANZUS should Trump push back in the South China sea. Marriage plebiscite anyone?

So I would fully expect the trend to continue 457 visas and regulatory capture to be the norm. Fortunately many pilots will have alternatives elsewhere and perhaps strategically clever foreign carriers will look to Australia to derive their required supply and good commuting contracts or indeed an Australian basing pops up...