PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Defence review 56 sites to close by 2040
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2016, 17:18
The B Word

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
The arrogance & incompetence of DIO and its apparent ability to spend, move or force transitional costs and expenses on FLC budget holders is breathtaking.
I couldn't agree more. However, our lords and masters are equally accountable for not holding them to account. I heard a rumour that the sale of Henlow and Halton will raise about 1/4 of the monies needed to pay for the build of facilities for RAFCAM, Recruit Training and NCO/WO upgrade training at Cranwell - plus the relocation of at least 25 lodger units. The extra money needed would renovate the old estate and maintain it for at least 20 years. Just how we have the audacity to say that we need more money in our infrastructure budget is completely beyond me.

The wholesale sell off of the MOD's main estate is not a money saving exercise at all, it appears to be just gross mismanagement. We did it with our Familes' Quarters in the late 90s and now we're doing it with our main estate. The only winners will be the companies brought in to sell off and so-called 'manage' the remainder. Further it always amazes me when the MOD sells off infrastructure saying that it is rundown and not worth renovating only for a commercial company to renovate and make large profit afterwards!

Rant over and out...