PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2016, 17:40
terry holloway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay Sata
I would welcome such an answer from Terry Holloway.

Having first crossed swords with him on the letters page of Pilot magazine I have come to respect his career and bravery to post on this forum.

Indeed his input to the Kirk Africa issues deserves serious compliments.

Just google Terry and you will see his career is worth admiration.

In my humble opinion the TCT Aviatix story will not disappear if the National Geographic TV channel air the upcoming documentary of her Farnborough to Sydney flight.

The problem she now faces is part of the reason the sponsors got on board that expedition was a return in positive publicity.

If you were sitting in a typical 10.00am global programme production in meeting in London how would you sell the airing of the Aviatrix?

Could you admit it was all recorded on a tissue of lies?

It was not a solo flight! The low flying claims breached aviation laws in many countries where permits and flight plans were breached?

The global press will have a field day revealing the lies exposed on here.
Thank you for your words.
My position is clear:
1. I know TCT, but have seen her only once in the last two years. That was when she called in to The Cambridge Aero Club three weeks ago for just 30 mins to see me and our Chief Test Pilot.
2. I've spoken to her on the phone twice in the last two weeks and as requested have passed on the questions. I really don't know, but I guess she is probably reading this threading any event.
3. I am most definitely not her spokesman, and de facto have not been put up to anything by her PR team. ( actually I think that's her but I really don't know!)
4. I happen to think that notwithstanding any emotion by RAF pilots about "their" wings, she was not trying to "pretend" to be an RAF pilot by wearing that badge, and I dare say that if anyone had told her it was wrong she would have removed it. I bet she is not wearing it now!
5. I hope that one day TCT will herself, either here or elsewhere, respond to the questions which I simply cannot answer.
6.I've not heard her talk in public, but someone I respect heard her talking In public fairly recently,( I don't know where or when, and it doesn't really matter to me), and said she spoke very enthusiastically and very well, and that there was no reference to solo flight. As I recall it,that was the issue which Sam Rutherford and Jay Sata highlighted in the first instance, and I seem to think she has apologised for any "misunderstanding" About that, and particularly in the media. I agree, she should have corrected those misleading and inaccurate "solo" reports at the time.