PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2016, 16:01
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 450 Likes on 239 Posts
Originally Posted by terry holloway
I understand the pride in RAF wings only too well. One doesn't serve for 34 years without "getting it"! Also recognise the emotion of pretence, but I do not remotely think she was remotely attempting to impersonate an RAF pilot, and certainly not with that brooch!
What really makes me see red is blatant impersonation of "veterans" either by uniform, insignia or medals. One sees plenty of people doing that in "fancy dress" at Goodwood events and elsewhere, and I really don't think TCT is in that category!
So why does she state that she was trained by military pilots and wear RAF wings on her flying overall?

You are an RAF "veteran" (many of us here are, too), but not an RAF qualified pilot. You "see red" by non-entitled persons wearing uniform, insignia or medals because you earned the right to wear those, but not the RAF wings, so they don't count. Double standards apply, it seems.

BTW, She doesn't wear a "brooch"; it's an RAF flying badge, of the sew - on type. After 34 years you should know that, too.

I got in touch with Ms. T C-T via her own website asking about her entitlement to wear the RAF flying badge. The automated reply was almost immediate, saying she would address my question as soon as possible. That was coming up for two months ago. Obviously, it's not an easy question for her to answer. I'm not holding my breath waiting.

Last edited by ShyTorque; 10th Dec 2016 at 16:44. Reason: Retracted the term "RAF"