PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2016, 11:31
AerRyan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=brian_dromey;9604896]The services aren't god given (that's SNN's approach to EI metal on JFK and BOS &#128540.

I agree that up to 18 transatlantic services from ORK looks wildly ambitious. We couldn't sustain that frequency on LCY...
I think it'll be 3/4 weekly on each service if it materialises.

All of that said WOW offers a good number of connections across North America and short connection times, as all the flights are clustered together.
I agree. As does LHR. MAN. AMS.

Surely there is some logic to NOT flying/driving 1:30 -2:00 in precisely the wrong direction, via the hubs.
Driving the hour and a half to Shannon/ 2hrs 30mins to Dublin would more than compensate the extra takeoff, landing, change of aircraft and hour and half on the ground. Even then, LHR wouldn't add that much time.

Iceland is a destination in itself too, not to forget.
Wouldn't think it with the advertising they do

As for airlines advertising onward destinations from their hub, look no further than KLM, who heavily advertise the likes of BOS and DXB with the line "fly from Yorkshire (Leeds, Doncaster and Humberside) to the world".
Fly to the world is quite clearly less manipulative than fly to the US from cork, as well as the tabloid style article "WOW AIR ANNOUNCES US FLIGHTS FROM CORK" which is clearly more misleading. Even the airport's own Fb page is guilty of this. If you can bring yourself to read the comments under these articles, you'll find just how much confusion there is.

DSA isn't even operated by KLM, rather a codeshare on BE!
Onward flights are operated by KLM though, also worth noting Cork isn't operated by KLM either.

The American Airlines are even worse
Really? Never seen them advertise a flight that wasn't direct.
using one flight number on something like SNN-JFK-ATL, with a change of plane entirely at JFK!
How does this mislead people? They don't advertise these?

What WOW are doing is nothing new.
Never seen it before to such a ridiculous scale, and certainly never seen the newspapers take the bait to such an extent.

The luggage situation is very stingy though - I agree.
Agreed. Still don't understand their carry on policy.