PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2016, 11:17
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The services aren't god given - that's SNN's approach to EI metal on JFK and BOS!;-).

I agree that up to 18 transatlantic services from ORK looks very ambitious. We couldn't sustain that frequency on LCY. I don't think (and hope) Norwegian will be daily on both from the start.

All of that said WOW offers a good number of connections across North America and short connection times, as all the flights are clustered together. Surely there is some logic to NOT flying/driving 1:30 -2:00 in precisely the wrong direction, via the hubs. Iceland is a destination in itself too, not to forget. As for airlines advertising onward destinations from their hub, look no further than KLM, who heavily advertise the likes of BOS and DXB with the line "fly from Yorkshire (Leeds, Doncaster and Humberside) to the world". At the very end they say "flights via Schiphol Airport". DSA isn't even operated by KLM, rather a codeshare on BE! The American Airlines are even worse - using one flight number on something like SNN-JFK-ATL, with a change of plane entirely at JFK! What WOW are doing is nothing new.

The luggage situation is very stingy though - I agree.