PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2016, 09:36
captain.weird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pfvspnf
@380neo,

Firstly you don't earn AED35k for a very long time , it's an experienced base pay scale and you are at the bottom when you start .

Nice apartment ? You'll be staying in Sharjah which is a complete disaster , no infrastructure , strict rules and parts of it could be dangerous . Want to go to dubai and commute ? Minimum you are looking at 65-70k for an appartnebt that not good. Want nicer ones ? Executive towers/ dubai marina /Palm , at least a 100k. And landlords like one cheque

Yup Aby will cut you loose for any reason , even if they don't like you .

Admin at alpha is poor , not organized , a batch was stuck for months with passports in the Portuguese embassy .

Many instructors teaching ground school have limited experience

Just by the look of the place you can tell they've cut costs, ally harmony and they could have at least uograded facilities

Good stuff? I think Aby now has got training down to an art, I think most line trainjng captains are good and people are finishing finally, the long term viability of this with command upgrades , I don't know , I'm not very positive.
If someone wants to start now, the outlook needs to be positive for something like 4-5 years. Within this period, the candidate is already a FO with those 1500hrs. From that moment, it all depends on the person itself. Maybe he/she wants to fly for another carrier a la EK/QR/EY?

Air Arabia is not anymore an airline from Sharjah, but also from other places (Morocco, Egypt, Jordan). In my eyes, it is getting stronger.

AAA has never been an option for me (costwise), but for those who can afford, it can be a good investment.