PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - strangest freight
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2016, 23:23
No Fly Zone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like many, I've read a FEW of these posts over the years. Last evening, bored to tears and facing a home task that I did NOT want to do, I plowed my way through all of them. Now, nearly 24 hours later, I'm still LMAO about many of them.
In the end, cargo does not argue, as is common with SLF. The odors may be strange and potent at times and as anyone, foo or not will realize, in some world regions the cost of air freight is insignificant to the customers, especially if their goods are shipped NOW. I think I'm missing something important about such people.
IMO, Freight Dogs is one of the most hilarious sub-sections on this site, or at lease has that potential. This driver is now retired for some years and it would be untrue to consider myself a Freight Dog, I do not. I may have stayed too long at the fair, but the logs reflect only TWO all-freight flights over the decades. (Sure, I know the basics of Wt., Ba and C.G., but I'd have begged, borrowed or stolen to get a good Load Master if I could. "Oh, you don't need one! The Dispatch computer does ALL of that for you." And if it breaks down?
If there are one or two or three components missing from so many of these replies, they might be 1) Some sense of date, 1945 - or 2015 makes a BIG difference, 3) Aircraft type, and even 4) Origin/destination/routing. Flesh it out a little guys & gals as it would make for far more amusing reading.
I know that this section was not really intended to be humorous, but it darn sure it! My sincere thanks for all 418 replies. This is FUN, if often silly reading on a dull evening. I've also noticed that the replies tend to arrive in spurts; almost nothing for weeks on end, followed by a flood of new entries... NFZ