PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 dual engine failure scenario
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2016, 09:51
aurel90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris Scott
Why would the 7 applications/releases of brakes you say are available from the Yellow brake accumulator not suffice for landing, even on a short runway?
Actually I just checked (QRH PER-32 Brake system NORM+ALTN FAULT A320 63T) you would just need 1690m to land in CONF FULL and 1950m in CONF 3, and as far I understand those distances are correct only if you have Flaps ! And in elec emerg config you only have Slats, unless windmilling is suffisant enough when you are configuring.

Originally Posted by vilas
the yellow electric pump fluid turn over is only 32 l/min as that of EDP which gives 140 l/mt
Thanks for the info, the difference between EDP and elec pump is much bigger than I thought, nice to keep it in mind. Is it written anywhere in our books or does it come from the answer by Airbus ?

Originally Posted by jack11111
If you've flown directly away from the airport, at 3500' you are not going back there. If on downwind departure, maybe.
http://www.ntsb.gov/investigations/A...ts/AAR1003.pdf

According to Hudson river's NTSB report you should be able to make it (not an easy task!), page 50 during simulator sessions some pilots managed to land on Rwy 22 starting the turn just after bird encounter at 2800 ft.

Originally Posted by dream747
Airbus very recently introduced a QRH procedure called the EMERGENCY LANDING - ALL ENGINES FAILURE procedure. The first step in the procedure is to Start the APU.
Thanks, my company hasn't updated QRH yet, but I'll keep a eye on it

Last edited by aurel90; 9th Dec 2016 at 10:34.