PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 9th Dec 2016, 07:47
s4ex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Efato75kts
Nothing with wrong with having kids early .It is life my friend .My kids have a top life like any other happy kids.
I actually took on my wife who had three kids already ,which are now my step sons.Sounds like a man enough to step up to the plate in my opinion and they would take a bullet for me any day ! And I am in it to give them a rock lean on .
Disregard your negativity because I will make it and certainly not at the expense of my kids happines,well being or their future.
I've been folowing this thread for a couple of days now, and here's my 2 cents.

I believe, nobody said that it's too early to have kids. It was more gesture of sympathy to mention that it's a tough situation, and You only deserve for being on top of that.

It is very important, that Your second half supports You in such a circumstances, and You are really happy in that sense and should be thankful.
Just out of curiosity, the question I have is - what would You do if Your wife was not so supportive? Would You still pursue Your dream? I will understand if it's personal and You won't be willing to answer that.

I think what others are trying to tell is not so negative, but rather a reasonable look at the reality. So You are sure, that now You are coping with supporting Your family pretty good. I don't know how old Your kids are, but they will grow, and the demands will be higher - school, clothes, college, uni, etc. You will have to continue Your training, and financial demands for that will also be higher. Especially when You are doing ME and trying to keep IR current. So taking into consideration these 2 things, there is a high possibility, that at some point in time You will face a decision to make - whether it's something for Your kids, or Your training. If You never face that question, then You are a lucky man! But in case You do, You have to be prepared for that, because You will have to live with this decision for the rest of the life further on.

In any case. Despite all the facts, I do hope that You can make it, and that Your kids and wife will not suffer from that. But just be careful with Your decisions, and also remember the fact, that there may be multiple ways to pursue Your dream, so don't get discouraged, if the way it happens is not what You expected.

Also, have You considered the West Atlantic cadetship? Not sure if the program is still actual, and they defo not taking new cadets on board now, but hopefully it may become available later. You could get there with PPL on hands.