PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2016, 04:17
"Littlebird"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Minger,
Contrary to the beliefs of many, I would say QF have adopted worlds best practice with how they go about these things. What you have done to date I believe is purely a benchmark, what happens next is where it counts. As keg has stated, it's definitely not a box ticking exercise. Also, perception can be biased, and not necessarily in alignment with reality.
I have in the past been involved with recruiting at Lufthansa, and I would say QF would be looking at your profile as a whole, not purely your test scores, as how well you have done in the numerical, verbal, and orientation tests could alone be misleading. I would prefer an applicant who scored poorly at home, and subsequently showed an improvement at the assessment centre, than an applicant who scored high and then performs poorly on the day. Psych profiling, the video interview and your application itself can play a big role.
I would say if you were notified by email of what is next, that you would be part of that and still in the running. All the best!
L.B