PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2016, 17:11
a380neo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure why everyone keeps harping on about these "low salaries"... It's only for 100 sectors then they include a flying allowance up until you reach the 1,500hrs which you can find a copy of online.

If you are joining this profession then you should have a few things already tucked under your belt, one being an organised/well time managed individual.

You've just completed ground school as well as the core flying phase without any salary and still been able to eat. (Might not have party every weekend, buying $1000 bottles for the fireworks to show off in the club.. but still been able to eat)

Now why wouldn't you factor the first couple months (100 sectors) of line training into the planning of not making any salary during training also?

Yes, I am sure everyone believes 5,000AED/month is robbery when you think the person controlling that 50,000kg metal tube traveling at 800km/h is getting paid just that. But then think about the not so fortunate pilots that start from the ground up... The pilots that start instructing on 152's to hopefully one day get enough hours to be considered for a charter pilot on a King Air. Then a crazy amount of time on a twin prop before United/Delta/BA/Qantas would even consider them. You'd be well into your 40's possibly 50's before you'd have a chance in a jet.

Yes this course is expensive, yes they pay "low salaries" initially. But upon completion...and you're not a lunatic... ABY offer you a contract and within 2-3 years after starting at Alpha as a cadet you're on +25kAED/month + flying allowances!!

Please tell me of other courses that are of similar outcomes and cheaper in price excluding the GCC. If you get into ABY's MPL you come out with 1,500hrs on an a320 within around 3-4 years (give or take), at around the 750 mark they offer a contract (apparently) and at 1,500hrs that MPL that you're "abandoned with" according to some people on this thread and can't do anything with; turns into an ATPL automatically. That's minimum for most other GCC carriers especially at the moment with the shortage of pilots in the region.

Please don't take away from my rant that this MPL programme is a Pay-to-Fly scheme, it's not. I will tell you first hand that there are some people that think it is in the course however; if you are not up to standards ABY takes no prisoners and will cut you loose. That's why when you read the contract it is so scary, but it is for exactly that. The people who think they can throw money at something and climb on into an Airbus flight deck.

Anyways, that's my two cents... if anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to PM me.

Safe flying boys and girls.