PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2017 HeliOps Calendar Giveaway - That Time Again.
Old 8th Dec 2016, 12:50
CYKFRotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been around aviation most of my life thanks to my brother who is plank wing flyer. So I've been lucky to have been exposed to it a lot.

He got his licenses at a local school in an integrated college program and during this time he held multiple jobs at the airport hauling bags and working as a fueler.

Once he got his CFI ticket I was fresh out of high school and taking a year off before I had planned to go to college for business. At the time I was working a part time job at a gas station and since he was a full time CFI now he offered to put in a good word for me at his ground ops and fueler jobs. I got offered both jobs and the more I worked around the industry and especially the local heli school I decided to go for an intro flight one day and ever since then I've been hooked!

Since then I've become a manager at the FBO and love every minute of it. So far I've gotten half way through my Canadian CPL but sadly this past May ran out of money so I'm back to full time work to save up the rest of the cash I need to finish, hopefully a year and a half until I can start again!

Fly safe out there everyone!

Merry Christmas