PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have to re-do ATPL theory exams...please help
Old 8th Dec 2016, 07:54
Team Bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have to re-do ATPL theory exams...please help

Hello everyone,

I am new on this forum so please bear with me.

Long story short, the UK CAA has given me the heart breaking news that my ATPL theory credit has expired since I haven't entered an IR for 7 years in the EASA license. I previously did the ATPL exams in 2008 and obtained a JAR CPL/IR shortly afterwards. Since then I have been flying in North America and the Middle East on an ICAO license. That being said, I really need help gathering information on how to proceed with re-taking these 14 theory exams.

I have tried to contact the UK CAA by email, but they are not responding. I don't know if they have a phone number (can anyone provide?)

What I am trying to find out is if I need to go through an ATO to do the exams or if I can simply do my own self study for the material and schedule the exams at my own leisure.

Also I would greatly appreciate any guidance as to which apps (Bristol, Oxford, CTC, PilotPad, Dauntless) are the best for distance learning purposes.

Im very sorry for the long winded post but I am reaching out for help here from any fellow students and pilots who can help me get through this hurdle with the CAA. Thanks everyone and safe flying. Looking forward to any responses!