PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH - 2
Thread: EDINBURGH - 2
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2016, 00:47
GoEDI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am very much looking forward to seeing what their expansion plans at EDI bring. The SWF/PVD flights will have to be priced aggressively to appeal to EDI originating pax heading for NYC or BOS... But let's not underestimate the demand this could stimulate for US visitors to EDI/Scotland from those metropolitan areas who otherwise might not have bothered...it could be 'Ryanair effect' Mk2.
Orlando would be the best bet for a Florida flight, but looks like there are no plans for a base there at this stage so unlikely. Not convinced they'll go for FLL straight away tbh but we'll see.

The more I look at how Norwegian run their business, the better Ryanair looks. That's meant to be impossible IMHO.
Great to have new flights to new places for much cheapness but it's all built off the back of cutting corners and finding ways round the rules.

Norwegian B738, Kristiansand, 04 Nov 2016
Not entirely fair to single out Norwegian in this case. Granted the actual operator sounds shady in this instance and perhaps DY failed at properly vetting them first, but ultimately it should be up to the appropriate regulators to weed out any questionable ACMI lessors such as this mob. Leasing out ops to other carriers is common industry wide. CSA recently had a B734 leased from the same operator, BA using Jettime... They all do it, this could happen to almost any airline.
I believe the lease contract with Go2Sky has now ended anyway. Probably just as well...