PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ Australian Pilots made redundant
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2003, 23:37
7x7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A small number of Australia-based pilots on the SQ Mauritius contract have had their contracts terminated. Obviously, most of these Australia-based pilots are Australians, but a number of people of other nationalities also employed on the SQ Mauritius contract have received the DCM notices from SQ over the last two weeks,

As for Airbubba’s comments, all I can say is a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. If his many comments on Israel on other threads are even halfway as far off track as his comments above are, I can understand why they anger people who do know about what’s going on there.

I suspect (suspect? I’d be willing to bet on the fact) that SQ management is using the crisis created by SARS to clean house of people they perceive to have ‘bad’ attitudes, who have taken too many sick days, or quite possibly who can be replaced with cheaper new hires.

In my opinion, any talk of 1989 being a factor is utterly ridiculous, but that’s just my opinion.

The bottom line is – they saw a way to save some money and took the opportunity.