PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet goes down on its way to Medellin, Colombia
Old 7th Dec 2016, 11:31
Lancelot de boyles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It strikes me as the revelations keep coming, that far from being a tragic case of utter incompetence on behalf of the captain/crew/company, this is growing to include-
  • Dispatchers and other ground staff- if one is already seeking asylum, misguided or not, so she must have some serious fears about her own safety. The response by her own government does little to reassure, which then warrants an in-depth look at how they apportion blame and responsibility.
  • Handlers- there was mention earlier about the company arriving with dry tanks previously, yet this didn't end there.
  • Company owners- the surviving members, because surely this could only happen in a company whose culture is deficient at best, and utterly corrupt at worst.
  • Local CAA- nepotism has already been exposed in the aftermath, but where was the oversight? How long had been operating in this way? Surely, if adequate records were kept then the signs were there previously, and if the records are a mess, that in itself warrants serious attention.
  • Football team owners/management (I know next to nothing about football)- granted, concepts such as duty of care may have little meaning there, but the team has been nearly wiped out. All of the time/investment being lost. Who looked into the operating standards to ensure that the investment and assets were safeguarded?
  • Football association- As above.
  • The other teams who by now might well be thinking that the fun trips before were in fact a close call with disaster only minutes away. Where was the 'due diligence' on their behalf?
  • Even Diplomatic relations across borders are going to be tested
With suggestions that threats had already been made towards the ATCO, this is going to be a mess, and the final outcome I suspect is going to be quite unpalatable to most.

Last edited by Lancelot de boyles; 7th Dec 2016 at 13:17.