PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC 225 Return to REAL Service
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2016, 10:34
Bravo73

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by HeliComparator
You want to dramatise it by saying "main shaft failure" but I would call it "oil pump drive failure" which is what it actually was. But I appreciate that sounds far less theatrical and thus doesn't suit your agenda. I seem to recall the precious S92 had its share of oil pump drive and design failures but you've conveniently forgotten to mention them.

And is a controlled landing on the water an "accident"? I guess it depends on your jurisdiction.
Wow. You really have been endoctrinated and blinded by the Eurocopter lies. The main shaft in the main gearbox sheared in two. How is this trying to dramatise things? Arguably (and highly fortuitously), the occupants were saved due to the erroneous indication that the EMLUB system had failed.

And I think you've got me pegged with the wrong 'agenda'. I know full well that the S92 has got it share of issues (and I'm personally very glad that I don't have to fly it). However, I was responding to your post that seemed to imply that the EC225 has only been involved in one serious accident.

And, yes, regardless of a particular jurisdiction's definition, when an aircraft has to ditch in the sea due to a broken gearbox, it is definitely an accident.