PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot shortage
Thread: Pilot shortage
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2016, 04:48
Gnadenburg

Received 93 Likes on 41 Posts
To make it easier, without debating the Ansett business model, politics nor the very good luck of Virgin, don't forget the cheap-charlies at Virgin Blue were undercutting QF International and Domestic pilots too. And just to remind you, First Officers at the incumbent Australian carriers were better paid than training captains at Virgin.

It is comical, that now these low paid pilots live in hope of a pilot shortage and spray the age old BS that it's seniority that's keeping them in a lower middle class. A no-seniority industry would erode their wages further as massively cashed up expatriates could come home and under cut their jobs as east coast Australian cities would be a lifestyle base. I bet the QF guys aren't putting forward this absurd philosophy.

I don't get your jealousy jibe. As a rule, VB pilots don't live in the choice Australian suburbs I would, nor send their kids to the choice schools I would, nor blow a 100k on a holiday or 10k on a dinner. I know for many it's a bit of a struggle.

But yes, the QF guys I do envy in some ways, but good luck to them.