PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin FO Salary and Command prospects
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2003, 22:56
Mr. Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hudson - where do I start? Or do I even bother replying to your post that I had previously missed.

Keg & Gnand sum it up perfectly.

How about the chaps that you are teaching at Archerfield go to your boss and say "we'll do it for less than Captain Hudson". Afterall you are ACTUALLY getting paid to fly whilst they are paying.

I mean GOD, you get paid to put time in your logbook! These junior Captains don't even know if they will ever get a gig so sure enough they will do your job for less or maybe for free. Not a nice thought hey.

The reality is that the chaps/ettes at Virgin are working very hard. To get where they are today they have done some very hard yards. Therefore the suggestion that their money is too much and that their work is some kind of social activity/party is a little off the mark. The senior guys in your company set the standard as to what is acceptable/reasonable and in a way affect how much money you get paid and what conditions you work under. Much the same as the VB and QF guys set the standard for the rest of us.

Its all relative.