PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - another acid reflux thread.
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2016, 22:50
rans6andrew

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
another acid reflux thread.

New thread so as not to hijack the other one. For about a year I have suffered from acid reflux/ bloating after meals/ intermittent stomach cramps. My self diagnosis was some sort of blockage in my bowels causing food to be slowed down when leaving my stomach. I came to this conclusion from the observation that it took about 6 hours for the symptoms to go away after eating. Two doctors and several pharmacists have told me that restrictions or partial blockages don't happen. About 2 weeks ago I had stomach ache worse than ever. Much rumbling and pain which moved after a while then built up further down, several times, for most of the night. I have tried the normal remedies for digestion issues but none of them helped.

Well, the doctors ans pharmacists are all wrong. Something happened last Monday which confirmed my theory and I have been free of acid, bloating and discomfort ever since.

There must be a delicate way to explain......... it escapes me.

Here goes. My bowel movements have been easy and regular for years. Last Monday morning was normal. At first. About an hour afterwards I felt the need to go again, strange. Anyway, I went to the wee room and sat on the throne but nothing was happening. I pushed a bit harder, nothing. The need to go was increasing so I pushed a bit harder. Suddenly everything started to happen and I passed a firm lump of stuff. A bit like an explosive de-compression. It felt somewhat larger than my normal movement, like I had passed a tennis ball. The sudden pressure reduction right through my bowels had to be felt to appreciate the effect.

Since then, no pain, no acid in the throat, no bloating for hours after meals. Eight nights of sleep undisturbed by my insides complaining. Magic. We even went for a Christmas dinner on Friday and I ate more than usual, washed down with a couple of beers, late in the evening. Then home, cocoa and bed. No problem.