PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emotions on discharge!!!!
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2016, 22:46
ImageGear

Although I was not a "Lifer", my time in the RAF was probably the most defining period of my life. The RAF gave me opportunities and skills that one can only dream about in corporate life. A broad and rich plethora of experience. but the time had come to change direction. A direction over which I had more control and opportunity. My exit was more of a new door opening and I left with personal friends at the same time.

I PVR'ed at the right time and was well prepared when I left, moving straight into a job that paid ridiculous amounts of money, with loads of opportunity to travel and hold responsibility.

Have no doubt that what you have gained from your time in the service will allow you to associate with peers well above what you might expect. You will be sought after as the "grey eminence" who can operate at the highest corporate levels with confidence.

Seize the opportunity with both hands, you won't need to advertise your capabilities, it will be obvious.

Sometimes you might find yourself in company where a conversation about your past experience might arise. Stay as discreet as possible or as required, speak quietly, preserve your aura of sensibility and enjoy your success.

Imagegear