PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2017 HeliOps Calendar Giveaway - That Time Again.
Old 6th Dec 2016, 18:30
Rwy in Sight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not involved in any capacity with aviation (not even as frequent flyer) two of the most memorable flights (and arguably the most aviation centered) are on helicopters. The first one was back in 1987 between the airports of Newark and JFK on the Pan Am. Up until now I did not realize the significance of the flight and I am a bit disappointment I don't know where the pictures are from this most special flight.

The second most memorable flight that created a strong interest in helicopters was a short about two minute flights on a helicopter positioning for the night literally I was along for the ride. I missed a car ride home and I had to take the train but it was definitely worth it.

Unfortunately, I am in a very very low paid job to earn and hold a PPL but I would want to try a trial flight in a helicopter. Three mobile back I used to have the Valkyries as a ring tone for my friends connected to the aviation (inspired from the scene where the Hueys land to pick the troop on the Apocalypse Now.