PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Express
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2016, 13:39
Soumneal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello again. I'm posting my answer to a fellow pilot asking about my assessment. I failed, but the assessment was pretty fair, in my humble opinion.

There was only a private interview and a sim after that. No technical questions, no language test. There also was no such thing as a group exercise; the only thing done as a group was docs check and the company introduction by two captains who handled the whole thing.

Before the sim, they made a short briefing, so no syllabi or anything like that was given. The exercise was t/o without a/p and a/thr, just the bird was allowed. Straight-out after t/o, climb to 5000', a single 45-degree steep turn, then radial tracking inbound (radial was 020 and we were about 15 nm away; so whenever i asked for the course 200 in radnav, they said it was ok. Didn't waste time waiting to catch the radial). After that, descent to 2000' vectors for raw data ils, GA and after that a/thr and fds will be on (don't know if they also give the a/p, since i failed before that). Some say, they cut an engine during go around as a surprise item, fyi.

MCDU was all prepared. No QRH was necessary, but they expect short but proper briefings with appropriate procedure.

That's all i know about it. I'll share this in the forum, too. Good luck to all.