PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2016, 07:32
mary meagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the responsible person .....

really is Ewald Gritsch. An easy name to forget, this lump who was crouching down most of the time in the front seat of the Boeing Stearman, is in my mind the responsible person who has escaped a lot of the opprobrium heaped upon the photogenic TCT.

To my mind the careless flying claimed by this woman and the fiction perpetrated by the entire publicity chain of Boeing, Artimis, and various royals, is the real crime. And Ewald Gritsch, who appears to own and maintain about five or six (identical?) Stearmans, who holds an instructor's rating and apparently has 20,000 hours in his logbook, manages to avoid any negative publicity or responsibility for the money making scam?

As others have mentioned, taking credit for dangerous and illegal flying is part of their story, so the national association supervising the license held by Gritsch needs to investigate his exploits.

If when I was an instructor in gliders there had been an accident I, not the beginner in the front seat of the K13, would have been held, and would deserve to have been held, completely responsible.