PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet goes down on its way to Medellin, Colombia
Old 5th Dec 2016, 22:16
noflynomore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know it's not part of one's LPC, but surely aircrew do occasionally 'play' in the sim and have a go at completing an all-engine-out forced landing.
What company do you work for, fer fuggsake? Are you seriously telling us your Co does not train all engines out/glide approaches scenarios in the sim?

You claim to be from Yorkshire and thus UK CAA!!!

Is this possible???

I am simply gobsmacked if you are not required to do this. It has been an occasional part of my recurrent for two decades at least!

AV Dinosaur. The fuel endurance quoted appears to be at or very close to the absolute limit to dry tanks for a RJ85.
What seems more to the point is what payload could it legally carry with this amount of fuel, and how this figure fits with the number of pax and their baggage that was on board.

There may well be some discrepancy. (!!!)

There are plenty of people here who can supply typical APS and structural MTOW weights for such an RJ, (indeed for this exact RJ) and others who can supply a RTOW for the runway involved if it applies. So far this critical info has, rather surprisingly, not appeared.

Perhaps it is time it should.

Last edited by noflynomore; 5th Dec 2016 at 22:30.