PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair. The best thing since sliced bread?
Old 3rd Aug 2001, 19:58
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angel

Having followed this, and the other Ryansair threads for the past couple of weeks, I'd like to pass an "observer's" comment om my overall opinion of this company.

To me, it appears that MO'L (and consequently ryanair as a company) don't care two hoots about pilot experience or turnover. They are a low-cost airline (meaning they pay low wages to their staff) which doesn't intend committing itself to long term obligations eg. incremental salary increases, holiday benefits, long service leave, pension schemes, etc.
In fact, as they see it, a reasonable continued turnover of staff is preferable to the "stayers". The message is "There is NO FUTURE with Ryanair - it is a 'stepping-stone airline." Management is trying to give you this message by way of their actions, rightly or wrongly in your eyes.

The poor salaries, and less than average working conditions are there to remind you that Ryanair wants you only for as long as you NEED to tolerate them - when you have enough experience, then move on, and allow your miserably remunerated position to be filled by another up-and-coming, whose skills have not been honed sharply enough to allow him/her the opportunity to gain employment with a higher class of employer.

Use Ryanair for what it is - an aviation whore - that will allow you to practise your basic skills in it, before casting it aside for something with a more respected reputation.

And there's no need to say "Thank you" as you part company, because you've both got what you wanted from the relationship, during your (brief) interlude!