PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet goes down on its way to Medellin, Colombia
Old 5th Dec 2016, 16:40
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why did she just buckle and allow the flight to take off. Hopefully we will find out in the fullness of time

Are you suggesting she should have buckled herself to the nose wheel? She could have informed the tower not to give clearance, and then what? This muppet could have still rolled and flown off. It's the cry for blood that is fuelling this process, and blood is only taken from the living. I hope her lawyers are beyond reproach and will do a diligent and worthy job of booting this out of the park.
As for cockpit gradient? It seems RHS was ex-military, mid-hi ranking officer and must have known the basic civil rules and those of airmanship. He was not a fighter jock who sat on an escape route if it all went quiet. I suspect some of them are almost on fumes at TOD when returning under radar PAR. The CVR will prove very enlightening.
Roasting the most junior lady in a male macho world would be beneath even them, surely. Let the local priest call down the raining fires of damnation if they try.