PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2016, 00:22
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For me the wings are a minor point but I can understand why it annoys so many. An RAF brevet can only be earned by a combination of hard work and tested ability. There is no easy way to get them, which is why they have a certain kudos. The "solo" claim, apart from being a downright lie is also minor. The most important issue for me is TC-T's blatant disregard for rules, regulations and common sense and her insistence on flying wherever she likes and at any height and then having the gall to brag about it in her talks. If she is to lead and inspire others she should set a positive example beyond reproach. I also doubt the extent of her "outreach" and worse, if any of her potential proteges ever followed her example of air(wo)manship there is a damn good chance they would end up dead (or in prison) - assuming they didn't have a 20,000 hour pilot in the other seat. But worse than any of the above, several formerly prestigious institutions appear to feel that her talks about reckless flying should be rewarded. That is inexcusable.