PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet goes down on its way to Medellin, Colombia
Old 4th Dec 2016, 20:24
JumpJumpJump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am Currently in Acre in Brazil.... just read a very interesting article from an interview with the captains family... posting from my phone, so will sumarize... later I will dig out the article post a link and translate the relevant parts. The gist is the family are saying that it is ""cruel" and "hirtful" to blame the captain as he was a good father and "honorable" man...... no here is the chilling/intering to analyse part.....when the captain of the LaMia flight his father (also a pilot) had a severe accident resulting in amnesia, disfiguration, broken bones, height loss due to a compressed spine and one leg becoming longer than the other.... as a child the LaMia captain always wanted to be a pilot and his father often asked "but why? Don't you have fear? Haven't you seen what happened to me?" To which he always replied "father, I have no fear, this will never happen to me". I was deeply troubled when I read that.

The journal is called "Pagina 20" as I said, I'll find a link when I get to the hotel