PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet goes down on its way to Medellin, Colombia
Old 4th Dec 2016, 05:04
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the "facts" that have been leaked and "facts" that we understand to be true, and specially the ATC recording.

There is a couple of points, I normally don't like to jump to conclusions, however this accident it's looking pretty slam dunk.

A Captain, with clearly conflict of interest, money vs safety!

But for me it's an accident that makes me angry, because this is not an "accident" in terms of the definition of the word in traditional sense.

Accident = "an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury."

If the Flight Plan is correct, 4:22 / 4:22, in addition to the fact that the crew never seemed to have declared a Mayday - it's seems that this word Mayday has been omitted from many accidents I have read about, there seems to be a fear amongst some to use this word, most likely due to the potential paper-work and repercussions that follows after.

It seems rather they take the chance to end up dead, then utter this Universal ICAO emergency word, MayDay.

However I am in no doubt, this is the first time in a long time I have come to the conclusion that heads must role, and a few people have to be sent to 20 - 30 years in Brazilian / Bolivian prison, because this is a criminal act, and most likely it has been a culture of circumventing normal laws and regulations regarding fuel policy.

This is not accident, but a criminal act, that was made to save money, and sooner or later this would be the result, it's Murphy's Law!

I feel deeply sadden by these innocent young people who was murdered! They played Russian roulette, however in reverse style, there was only one chamber without a bullet, and this time the company ran out of luck.