PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignation Tips
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2016, 23:32
Dropp the Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All my dealings with the End of Service team were absolutely outstanding. It didn't even feel like the same company. They were efficient, concerned, responsive and anticipatory. In all my years at the Emirates I never once saw an instance where a department was aware of problems that could arise, briefed them and mitigated them but here when I was leaving I enter this world of wonders.

A high was reached when through no fault from the EOS team my bank screwed up my mid-seven-figures provident fund transfer from the trustees to my Dubai bank account. This was of course on a Thursday afternoon. The team had a cheque re-issued immediately and one of them personally ran that new cheque down to my bank and deposited it before close of business. Does this sound like the Emirates you know?

Now on to the low. Months after leaving I get a stroppy Hinglish email from payroll informing me that they will be keeping all of my (aptly-named) retention money and further they would like 9000 dirhams from me in settlement of a miscalculation in vacation days. I emailed back and reminded them that I and they had signed a document before I left entitled "Final Settlement", emphasis on the adjective, and that I had no intention of re-opening the matter. Nothing more was heard but my retention money was...... retained.

I hear of this more often than not. The amount isn't that large. I would have paid much more willingly just to never, ever, hear from them again.