PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Defense Secretary Selected
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2016, 18:51
Lonewolf_50

Received 417 Likes on 260 Posts
Originally Posted by GlobalNav
This guy might be alright, I dunno, but he belongs on the field more than in an office and a guy who lives by aggressive sayings doesn't strike me as very thoughtful. We'll see I guess
Gen'l Mattis tailors his quotes to his audience. "Lives by aggressive sayings" strikes me as a serious case of underestimating somebody.

@Stilton
Mostly generals in senior cabinet positions
Really? Name them, and then list all cabinet positions. "Mostly" is an overstatement, not to mention none are yet confirmed. See my point on advise and consent of Senate on last page. (I personally would recommend a campaign against Patraeus getting any appointment, given his known failure on handling classified information ... and he damned well knows/knew better). Sorry, general, you let down the side.
An extreme right wing white nationalist as 'strategic adviser'
Not my favorite person.
A republican controlled house and senate so no checks and balances.
Display of ignorance. Half of the republicans in Congress (both houses) dislike Trump with some heat. Also, for a variety of issues you need 60 votes, not a simple majority. Do a little homework.
An unstable, xenophobic, bipolar, thin skinned sociopath about to take over the most powerful position in the world.
Hyperbole makes you look silly. Not impressive, your analysis, from top to bottom, though I personally share your distaste for one of his senior advisors.
What could go wrong ?
We could have a nation full of unthinking fools as a key ally on the eastern side of the Atlantic.